Monday, August 15, 2011

Week 2: Coughing-the New Ab Exercise

So early last week I started having a scratchy throat, which quickly progressed into a tight chesty cough, which transitioned into a hoarse voice, stuffy nose, and a cough that always included at least a dozen linked coughs.  You know the kind, you start to say something and then you have a little tickle, a little cough, bigger cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, hack, hack, hack. Ugh.

My exercise included nothing more than coughing and walking around looking for where I last put the kleenex box.  My diet was minimal as everything tasted like nothing. I could not smell since my nose was completely stuffed.

The good news is... I'm down a pound.  Not as fantastic as last week, but I will take it!

My goals and motivation and everything will be the same as last week, but with minimal cardio since my lungs are still bronchitis-y. Taking deep breaths still puts me into a coughing tizzy.

I am hoping that this week I will find the energy and thoughts to post a blog every evening.  It was for your benefit that I took this week off as my topics would have included: "bronchitis - the good, the bad, and the ugly," "the inside of my lungs are itchy," "how many tissues does it take to get my nose empty," and "Nyquil delirium."  I'm sure there are more interesting things to read on the internet and so I spared you.  Hopefully this week will be filled with brilliance and wit. (maybe.)

No comments:

Post a Comment