Well, ladies and gentlemen (if there are gentlemen reading this?), I had my first weigh-in this morning and the results are: lost 5.5!!!! Wahoooo. So, I'm definitely on track for losing the 10 lbs. by Halloween. It feels good to be going in the right direction, but I'm still a little leary for the following reasons:
1. I've been trying to lose this weight for a year, and this is the first time I've had serious results. Is it a fluke?
2. I haven't really done much different this week; I worked out 4 days and tried to push myself a little harder, I ate the same amount of food just tried to eat more filling foods (I feel like I ate my weight in egg whites, spinach, and chicken breasts!).
3. I'm heading into a "heavy" time for my body, so this weight loss could easily bounce back to a weight gain.
HOWEVER, I'm determined to have a more positive outlook on this journey than I had over the past year. For all those times I said, "I'll probably never actually get down to my goal weight," or "There's no way I can stick to this long enough," or "My thighs can never be thin and lean," I'll now be saying "I will be at my goal weight on my birthday" [even writing that, I had some doubt creap up "really?! will I really get that low?"] and "I will stick this plan as long as it takes, but all I need to think about is sticking to it today" and "If I want thin, lean thighs, I best make friends with a treadmill, my pilates dvd, and squats!"
So, I'm thrilled with the results, but hesitant in a good way that will keep me from giving in to my cravings for chocolate. I taught my Zumba class this morning and pushed myself pretty hard. Tomorrow will be an earlier-than-normal gym day at 8am, Wednesday will be a light exercise day that will be done at home, Thursday will have to be hard gym day, and Friday night Zumba class.
New addition for this week
Daily Exercises when I wake up:
* 10 push-ups (real ones, not "girl" ones.... why are easy push-ups "girl" push-ups?!)
* pilates ab series, I can't remember the official name, but I'll know what to do.
* 50 squats
Daily Exercises during kids' nap time:
* 10 push-ups
* 50 squats
Goal for this week
* To not gain the weight I usually do during "this time of the month." (TMI, I know.)
Motivation for this week