If you know me (which I assume you do because how else would you be reading my bloggity blog?) you know I've been chatting about getting this weight off for a good year now. But I mean it this time. For real. It's time for true-blue healthy eating with no excuses. It's time for working out with no excuses.
I've been wanting to drop these pounds for awhile without being willing to make any drastic changes. I've taken several classes in college about phyiscal fitness, I'm a certified group fitness instructor and have been teaching Zumba for a year. I KNOW what I need to do. However, I can't seem to get my rear in gear and DO what I know I need to do. I'm hoping by putting it in writing I'll be able to follow through and have a place to go to remind myself of what I'm doing.
1. I want to be happy with what I see in the mirror.
2. I do not want "well you did have three babies in three-and-a-half years" to be the response I get when talking about weight loss. (I DARE you to write that in my comments. I DARE you!)
3. I want to move to California and not feel completely out of place with all the skinny-mini health nuts out there.
4. I want to surprise Paul when he comes home from deployment... he doesn't leave for a few more months, but I need to use those months to get some good habits going!
5. I want my kids to know that a fit mama is not a rare bird.
1. Drop 40 pounds total (and I do not mean "drop a 40 pound dumbbell on my toe). That means: 10 pounds by Halloween; 15 pounds by Christmas (allowing some wiggle room for holiday eating); 25 pounds by Valentine's Day; 35 pounds by Easter; 40 pounds by my 32nd birthday. Howdy Ho Weight Loss!
2. Get into my all-time favorite jeans that I wore before my first pregnancy. Yes, I know "your body may never go back to the same size as you were pre-pregnancy" but let me tell you... I was not super-model skinny before Grace... I'm confident this is a do-able feat.
3. Wear a bikini when Paul and I go on our 10 year anniversary trip.
1. I am going to blog my thoughts and progress every Monday. If you don't want to hear about yet another weight loss journey, just ignore my Monday blogs. Sorry, but I gots to do this.
2. Again, feel free to corner me the next time you see me and ask me if I'm sticking to it.
3. Pictures from my anniversary trip... hopefully I'll be sporting a two-piece (that doesn't include a tankini and a skirt as my current swimsuit does now).
Okay, present... there's no time like you! Time to step away from the Nutella tub. It's time to eat CLEAN and get strong.